From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: gcc-4.5.3-r1 fails to compile with "internal compiler error"
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 21:39:06
1 On 01/31/2012 11:57 AM, Grant wrote:
2 > I can't seem to get gcc-4.5.3-r1 to compile. I tried twice and it
3 > failed at the exact same point both times. The build log doesn't
4 > mention a segfault. Does anyone know how to fix this? I was able to
5 > compile gcc-4.3.3 a short while ago.
6
7 Are you using the new 4.3.3 to build 4.5.3? The gcc package actually
8 compiles gcc twice, once with your existing compiler and again with
9 the new compiler itself (at least it worked that way in the old days).
10
11 I'm wondering if the internal compiler error occurs during the first
12 build (using 4.3.3) or the second (using 4.5.3).
13
14 Not that I'd know what to do with that info except to answer my own
15 question :)