From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: bluez 5 not connecting
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2014 19:21:35
1 On Friday 30 May 2014 06:34:13 Mick wrote:
2 > On Thursday 29 May 2014 23:32:55 William Kenworthy wrote:
3 > > I am not using systemd either - there is no bluetoothctl service (its an
4 > > application and written with no remote control capabilities - why?: no
5 > > idea - in my reading I came across a message saying that its designed
6 > > for use with systemd but I thought it would still need the remote option
7 > > unless bluetoothctl like functions are natively included in systemd)
8 > >
9 > > You will probably have to load the modules manually
10 > > (/etc/conf.d/modules) - mine do load automatically though
11 >
12 > Right, so did mine until recently. I'm guessing that it's something to do
13 > with udev, or with changes in the kernel that affect my Broadcom bluetooth
14 > chip.
15 >
16 > > moriah ~ # lsmod|grep bt
17 > > btusb 14099 0
18 > > bluetooth 191573 24 bnep,btusb,rfcomm
19 > > usbcore 132770 10
20 > > btusb,usblp,uhci_hcd,usb_storage,usbserial,ehci_hcd,ehci_pci,usbhid,ftdi_
21 > > si o,cdc_acm moriah ~ #
22 > >
23 > > Sounds like you have more than one problem and you need to get the
24 > > modules loaded and working first, then you can run bluetoothctl manually.
25 >
26 > I already tried that. The modules load, hciconfig works to bring up hci0,
27 > but bluetoothctl complains that there is no available bluetooth
28 > controller. :-/
29
30 I tried bluetooth with another laptop - also broadcom bluetooth but a
31 different chip. Well, what do you know. I had to manually modprobe bnep and
32 rfcomm, but /etc/init.d/bluetooth started without complaining that it needs
33 the rfcomm service and bluetoothctl worked fine showing the bt controller SSID
34 and other devices in the vicinity.
35
36 So the problem seems to be with the particular broadcom BCM2046 Bluetooth
37 device that I have on my laptop. :-(
38
39 I've posted in the forums in case someone there has any ideas.
42 Regards,
43 Mick