From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Intel and Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 3.4, 256 bits)
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 14:20:11
1 On Wednesday 28 May 2014 14:46:30 Time Lucky wrote:
2 > Now I change the VIDEO_CARDS to "intel i965"
3 > Everything seems OK too.
4 > Gnome can detect Intel® Sandybridge Mobile rather than Gallium 0.4 for
5 > i915 I dont know the difference between classic and gallium but i965's
6 > classic mode works well.
7 > By the way, I think i965 is just for HD3000, why does i915 be suggested
8 > ?
9
10 Oh! I suggested i915 thinking that this is the chipset of your Intel video
11 card - apologies if I got it wrong.
12
13 A couple of years ago the gallium driver of mesa was still work in progress
14 for Intel cards.
15
16 http://www.x.org/wiki/GalliumStatus/
17
18 I don't know if it has improved since, but from what you reported it must have
19 some problems.
20 --
21 Regards,
22 Mick