From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] rescue cd for zfs 2.1 or thereabouts
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 08:15:29
1 Hi. I have been using 5.4 lts kernels for a while, but it seems I
2 need to change to 5.10 lts -- even Debian is now using 5.10, so it
3 seems time to do this.
4
5 Now, the problem is that I am using zfs and will not give it up, and
6 the version I have been using 0.8.6 is no longer supported in 5.10
7 versions of the kernel. So, I need a newer version of zfs and a
8 rescue cd in case I get into trouble. Sysresc seems to no longer be
9 compatible withgentoo linux, so what is available? I could use gentoo
10 catalyst to make something -- I have done that in the past, but its
11 quite a bit of work and I would prefer if there were something
12 available I could use out of the box.
13
14 Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
17 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
18 How do
19 you spend it?
20
21 John Covici wb2una