From: "Arttu V." <arttuv69@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Valve Steam on gentoo
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 19:19:10
1 On 12/3/09, Kirill Lipatov <kirilllipatov@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > For some reason Steam fails to start any games on my gentoo box. I am using
3 > wine 1.1.32 with the engine itself and the games all downloaded to gentoo's
4 > partition (not the ntfs3g problem). Steam itself loads fine, but when I
5 > click launch the game nothing happens.
6 >
7 > This is very said because Steam is the only reason why I still have to deal
8 > with Windows :(
9 >
10 > Any ideas?
11
12 You have probably already seen this bug and checked if it matches your problem:
13
14 http://bugs.gentoo.org/230962
15
16 What a lucky discovery the last commenter made there.
19 Arttu V.