From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is there a way to keyword a whole overlay as ~arch ?
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 22:38:52
1 On 27/01/2014 00:12, Thanasis wrote:
2 > I am following stable (ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64").
3 > In order to install the "mate" desktop I need to install the mate
4 > overlay and keyword all its packages as ~amd64.
5 > Is there a way to do it easily for the whole overlay?
6
7 As far as I'm aware, this is not part of portage or layman's feature
8 set. I've seen a few overlays that provide a package.accept_keywords
9 file you can symlink to, but this is just a convenience. It is neither
10 required nor the norm.
11
12 I suggest you script it somehow. Alan's blunt instrument first cut
13 attempt (guaranteed to be buggy as all hell):
14
15 find /var/lib/layman/<some_overlay>/ -mindepth 2 -maxdepth 2 -type d
16 -wholename "*-*/*" | cut -f6-7 -d/ >>
17 /etc/portage/package.accept_keywords/<some_overlay>
21 Alan McKinnon
22 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com