From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] user & group
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 11:34:37
1 On Friday 12 September 2008 13:18:02 Hinko Kocevar wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > When I create a new user on my machine the user belongs to its own group -
5 > and not the group 'users'. Also when creating directory the user creates it
6 > with its group name instead of users group. How can this be fixed, so that
7 > user belongs to users group by default
8
9 man useradd
10 cat /etc/defaults/useradd
11
12 > and hence all the files it created
13 > belong to users group as well?
14
15 change the primary group in /etc/passwd to be that of the users group
16
17 It's also in /etc/default/useradd, I think
21 > Thank you,
22 > Hinko
27 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com