From: Joseph <syscon@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] ieee1394 card - ports order
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 01:56:31
1 Can someone enlighten me how the ports on firewire card function?
2 I have only one device that is using firewire (DV Camera) so I can test
3 only on single port.
4
5 I installed the ieee1394 card, it has two 6-pin ports and one 4-pin
6 port.
7 I have connected the Digital Camera to one of the 6-pin ports and I
8 couldn't make it to work with "kino", but I tryed the second port and it
9 worked.
10
11 I was under impression that ieee1394 cards would work the same as
12 USB-ports; regardless which port I plug my device into it will just
13 work, not so with ieee1394 cards.
14
15 How do I control (if at all) which port I need to plug the device into
16 and how are they numbered?
17 I have "coldplug" installed, so I think the ports are initialized
18 automatically and the second port will not be initialized unless
19 something is plugged into port number "0" (first one), am I correct? In
20 other words, Is there a special order I need to plug the devices into
21 ieee1394 card?
22
23 In "kino" under settings there is IEEE1394 "tab" and has an option
24 "raw1394 interface" option that is set to "0" I've tried setting it to
25 "1" but it didn't work.
28 #Joseph
29 --
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list