From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] sys-power/nut
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 05:41:15
1 Hello,
2
3 I've got a Tripplite OMNI1000LCD ups for my workstation.
4
5 I'm trying to get sys-power/nut to talk to it.
8 However lsusb nor usbview show the device.
9
10 I looked in /lib/nut and tried several of the choices
11 for the /etc/nut/ups.conf entry such as these:
12
13 James added this
14 [OMNI1000LCD]
15 #driver = tripplite_usb
16 #driver = newhidups
17 driver = usbhid-ups
18 port = auto
19 desc = "Tripp Lite OMNI1000LCD USB"
22 none of the 3 listed drivers work but thats (I think) because
23 the usbdevice never shows up with lsusb.....
24
25 I've rebuilt the kernel (including these suggestions:) to no avail:
26
27 http://linuxlore.blogspot.com/2006/12/howto-set-up-nut-on-gentoo-linux-for.html
28
29 and tried to use this wiki: http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_NUT
30
31 All sorts of other usb devices show up just fine.
32
33 I've tried both of these versions: 2.0.5-r2 and 2.2.0.
36 Any ideas?
39 James
45 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list