From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] memory leak with gtk+-2.8.20-r1
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 16:29:11
1 Hi,
2
3 On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 18:14:02 +0200
4 gwe <gwenjo@××××.fr> wrote:
5
6 > > Ah yes, I wasn't aware that there was a function for this. You should
7 > > definitely use this in place of the delete statement because it will do
8 > > deeper cleaning.
9 >
10 > the GTK Api said gtk_exit is deprecated and should not be used.
11 > In fact, i'm very astonished because it's not the first software with GTK
12 > I wrote but it's the first time that I have this problem.
13 > It's so recent
14
15 OK, I didn't counter-check it and was probably reading some outdated
16 documentation. I was just searching for some kind of cleanup function
17 and thought I found it. So it's probably in fact a gtk memory leak. Are
18 you by chance running non-x86? That might explain why it passed some
19 tests though buggy on that arch...
20
21 OK, I'm out of suggestions :-) Maybe a manual delete would help, but I
22 somehow doubt that (cleanup is probably done by gtk_main_quit() now?)
23
24 -hwh
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list