From: Marcin Niskiewicz <mniskiewicz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [postfix - bug?] error in master.cf - problem with restart
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 11:56:13
1 2009/6/22 Eray Aslan <eray.aslan@×××××××.tr>
2
3 > On 22.06.2009 13:02, Marcin Niskiewicz wrote:
4 > > I noticed that when someone makes an error in master.cf
5 > > <http://master.cf> (for example write anything at the beginning of the
6 > > file) and then restart postfix there is a problem:
7 > >
8 > > postfix is stopped (that's ok), then it should be started but it isn't
9 > > (in log something like
10 > > postfix/master[1649]: fatal: /etc/postfix/master.cf <http://master.cf>:
11 > > line 4: bad transport type:
12 > >
13 > ==========================================================================)
14 > > and there is no error shown on console ( echo $? - shows 0 )
15 > >
16 > > and then when we try to restart (or start) postfix again - we can't -
17 > > unless we delete /var/lib/init.d/started/postfix file (it's not deleted
18 > > while restarting)
19 > >
20 > > is it a bug or we're doing sth wrong?!
21 >
22 > Postfix init script just calls postfix(1) which calls postfix-script
23 > which calls master(8). Exit codes do not get back to the terminal.
24 >
25 > Use postfix status to check whether the mail system is running.
26 >
27 > --
28 > Eray
31 Thanks for the answer.
32 But as I said it doesn't start (there's no process, command postfix status
33 shows
34 postfix/postfix-script: the Postfix mail system is not running
35 but still /etc/init.d/postfix status show it's started)...
36
37 Soooo it is stopped but the status of the service is wrongly updated (file
38 /var/lib/init.d/started/postfix exists)
41 regards
42 nichu