From: "Jc García" <jyo.garcia@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The state of public relations?
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 04:44:18
1 2015-07-23 21:08 GMT-06:00 J.Rutkowski <jrtk@×××××××××××××××.com>:
2 > Fedora's Ambassador[2] project and the
3 > concerted effort placed in organizing presence at events, publicly
4 > promoting projects, organzing contributor and developer projects (à la
5 > hackathons), etc. Is this something that users would like
6 > to see more?
7 You are missing a big piece about fedora, I don't think they would be
8 able to pull off the ambassador project, or any other stuff without
9 the redhat funding, I'm not saying that's bad, but I think the only
10 one using gentoo big-time that could contribute the money to pull
11 those kind of stuff in gentoo are google, and I see them rather quiet
12 about their gentoo use(In fact it was quite disappointing in my
13 opinion they didn't even had gentoo in GSoC this year)