From: "Matt Connell (Gmail)" <matthewdconnell@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] app-emulation/docker with Linode kernel
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 02:53:46
1 I use docker, on a Gentoo system, running on a Linode-hosted VPS, with
2 their kernel. I rely heavily on docker, with ~10 containers providing
3 various services at any given time.
4
5 Lately, I've had a couple of incidents of the system becoming
6 unresponsive, and I believe it is docker-related.
7
8 When I emerge docker, portage gives me the following warnings/errors:
9
10 > * CONFIG_RT_GROUP_SCHED: is not set when it should be.
11 > * CONFIG_IPVLAN: is not set when it should be.
12 > * CONFIG_OVERLAY_FS_REDIRECT_DIR: should not be set. But it is.
13
14 Could these complaints be a portent of what is causing the system to
15 become unresponsive? Is there anything I can do to resolve this when I
16 am using Linode's kernels?
17
18 I know what to do when I am configuring and building my own kernel, but
19 on this system I'd prefer to avoid this if possible, since it is
20 Someone Else's Computer, after all.
21
22 Any input is appreciated.