From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Choice of Photo gallery tools
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 14:52:34
1 Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au> writes:
2
3 > On Wed, 2010-02-17 at 17:14 -0600, Harry Putnam wrote:
4 >> I wondered if anyone here can speak on the various photo and gallery
5 >> generating tools available on linux.
6 >>
7 >> I have photos on smugmug.com and wondered if there is do it yourself
8 >> tools that come anywhere close the sophisticated handling they do.
11 > never tried smugmug and don't know what your requirements are, but I
12 > push JAlbum. You can create some pretty good looking albums and run
13 > them from CD / HD / webserver (I especially like the fact that you don't
14 > need a webserver). It can synchronise to your website. There are a
15 > plethora of options and free + commercial skins, plus plug-ins to let
16 > you sell them online.
17
18 I'll look into JAlbum
19
20 One main requirement is that user/viewer be able to download full
21 resolution original photos. No commercial (shopping cart) type stuff
22 is required.... just a family operation.
23
24 > Unfortunately it's just the generation tool, you have to find your own
25 > hosting.
26
27 Yeah thats what I'm after.