From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] nano in install-amd64-minimal-20121013.iso broken?
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 18:35:09
1 Hi,
2 I'm installing new host, following Gentoo Linux AMD64 Handbook.
3 Right now I am in the chapter "5.d Configuring Compile Options".
4
5 It says:
6
7 "...Fire up your favorite editor (in this guide we use nano) so we
8 can alter the optimization variables we will discuss hereafter..."
9
10 So I fired up my favourite editor:
11
12 livecd gentoo # nano -w /mnt/gentoo/etc/portage/make.conf
13 nano: error while loading shared libraries: libmagic.so.1:
14 cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
15 livecd gentoo #
16
17 So what am I supposed to do now? Seems to me nano is broken...
18
19 Jarry
23 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
24 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.