From: Kevin Chadwick <ma1l1ists@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [Bulk] Re: Email encodings (was Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo speed comparison to other distros )
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 00:16:22
1 On Mon, 18 Mar 2013 23:38:11 +0000
2 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > > > K9 Mail can do both plain text and bottom posting.
5 > > > Both set in Account settings/Sending mail.
6 > >
7 > > It can write but forces html onto users, which potentially includes
8 > > jpg exploits, png exploits, html exploits, script exploits, font
9 > > exploits...
10 >
11 > What are you talking about? K9 forces HTML on no one, it sends plain
12 > text if you set it to do so.
15 If you receive a html email you have no choice but to execute code to
16 handle as per my above examples.
17
18 > > Having knocked Android, I haven't found the time to try the latest
19 > > native email app. I'm not expecting a no html option but I'm pretty
20 > > sure it will have some major pluses over k9mail, which was a trade
21 > > of good for bad on Gingerbread.
22 >
23 > K9 is not Android, any more than yourfavouriteemailer is Linux. It is
24 > a program that runs on Android. As for being less capable than the
25 > native app, the opposite is the case as it is based on the code from
26 > the native app, but actively developed.
27
28 Googles mail is part of android and they do maintain it. I maintain
29 that while k9 has some improvements it also breaks things and I guess
30 would have not seen light without Googles initial efforts.