From: "Alan E. Davis" <lngndvs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] A few questions on trying to install
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 23:24:30
1 Comments for this thread have been helpfu. I have done a test install
2 from the live install cd. For now, I guess, 74 GB is enough for the
3 entire system, leaving out my older /home directories and archives, so
4 I just let the installer pick a preferred partitioning configuration.
5 Next I think I'll try LVM for some partitions.
6
7 During the installation, the installer quit at the 50% point, right
8 after installing the optional packages, and would not restart. This
9 had thrown me off during previous attempts. As it turned out, it was
10 simply necessary to copy the boot information from
11 /boot/grub/grub.conf over to Ubuntu's existing grub/menu.lst.
12
13 So far, so good.
14
15 Thank you.
16
17 Alan
20 Alan Davis, Kagman High School, Saipan lngndvs@×××××.com
21
22 "It's never a matter of liking or disliking ..."
23 ---Santa Ynez Chumash Medicine Man
24
25 "We have no art. We do everything as well as we can." ---Balinese saying