From: David W Noon <dwnoon@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Icon loading problem after updating for GNOME based application
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 21:26:53
1 On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 21:50:03 +0200, Hung Dang wrote about [gentoo-user]
2 Icon loading problem after updating for GNOME based application:
3
4 >Hi all,
5 >After updating my system I find out that some gnome based applications
6 >have problem with png images. For example, I got this message when
7 >trying to open stadict
8 >"Can not load image. Couldn't recognize the image file format for file
9 >'/usr/share/pixmaps/stardict.png'" and this problem happened to at
10 >least two of my machines.
11 >Does anyone know what is going on with my system?
12
13 Open a root console and cd to /etc/env.d. Edit file 30xdg-data-local
14 and look for a line like:
15
16 XDG_DATA_DIRS='/usr/local/share'
17
18 and change it to:
19
20 XDG_DATA_DIRS='usr/local/share:/usr/share'
21
22 The do env-update, logout and login again.
23 --
24 Regards,
25
26 Dave [RLU #314465]