From: Kevin Chadwick <ma1l1ists@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: System won't boot if CMOS clock is slow
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 18:03:18
1 > So it is Linux' fault, that your mate used crap Hardware? That is great!
2 > let us blame it for the weather too. And stubbed toes.
3
4 Well the point was that if OpenBSD had an auto update function I could
5 have installed that and he would still be using OpenBSD happily. If
6 Linux did what OpenBSD does then he would be a happy linux user, well
7 aside from wanting Itunes, though I'm under the impression that's been
8 sorted quite well now.
9
10 As far as he was concerned he had a fscking watch, what's wrong with
11 this fscking piece of.. or words to that affect and really he was right.
12
13 The alternative was Vista which took and I mean no joke like 15 mins to
14 finish booting, despite a cleanup and the drive checked out ok. He had
15 just started a gym and couldn't afford extra ram at the time.
16
17 No need to get touchy, simply real facts, better aired than ignored. Not
18 a great loss or anything.
22
23 'Write programs that do one thing and do it well. Write programs to work
24 together. Write programs to handle text streams, because that is a
25 universal interface'
26
27 (Doug McIlroy)