From: Alessandro del Gallo <delgallo@×××.es>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] hald won't start
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 09:29:06
1 Mick ha scritto:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > I noticed on a box of mine that hald won't start:
5 > ==========================================
6 > # /etc/init.d/hald restart
7 > * Starting Hardware Abstraction Layer daemon ... [ !! ]
8 > ==========================================
9 >
10 > Confusingly, the logs don't show anything. How do I troubleshoot this?
14 I had the same problem:
15
16 hald was sucking 99% cpu, removables devices didn't work
17 and launching hald from terminal with the option "hald --daemon=no
18 --verbose=yes" i discovered it was on a infinite loop echo-ing
19 something about rules so I got in /etc/udev/rules.d
20 and found (by probing one by one) 99-libgphoto2.rules that
21 was HALS's murder.
22
23 I hope it's useful for you
24