From: noro kamen <norogent@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Booting Gentoo 2006.1 on an iMac
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 19:50:37
1 2006/9/10, Charles Trois <charles.trois@×××××××.fr>:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I am having trouble while installing 2006.1 on my iMac. I have made
5 > other installations before, but never had this problem.
6 > I am using the Universal ppc disk, and I have followed strictly all the
7 > steps in the 2006.1 handbook. I have not made any modules, everything is
8 > in the kernel.
9 >
10 > What happens is that, on the final reboot, I see 10 or 15 lines of text
11 > (is that the Open Firmware part?) that disappear immediately. Then there
12 > is nothing, and I have to cut the power to go on.
13 >
14 > I have also made a more complete version of yaboot.conf with macos,
15 > macosx, etc. Then the bootloader shows these options (ignores
16 > enablecdboot and enableofboot, though). Typing x for macosx
17 > starts it normally, but l for linux fails as described above.
18 >
19 > This is done without an Internet connexion. I haven't got one yet
20 > because my new modem is a Speedtouch 510v5 Ethernet type, which works
21 > very well with osx, but is notoriously troublesome with Linux (but this
22 > is another affair).
23 >
24 > I should be grateful for any hints.
25 >
26 > Charles
27
28 Maybe too late, but this can be helpfull:
29
30 http://www.unixboard.de/vb3/showthread.php?t=11619
31
32 HTH