From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] gpg signature verification failures
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 17:10:25
1 I noticed a lot of gpg signed mail on mailing lists fails signature
2 verification lately, including this list. (Others: lkml, haskell-cafe,
3 mutt-users, even oss-security.)
4
5 It's not just me: quite a few others seem to have made the same
6 observation. Please see the latest thread on mutt-users:
7
8 http://marc.info/?l=mutt-users&m=147417981514310&w=2
9
10 Note that it is _not_ a mutt problem: one gets the same "BAD signature"
11 result from a bare gpg run on the extracted message part.
12
13 So, what's going on? This would seem to be a Big Deal [TM].
16 Please *no* private Cc: on mailing lists and newsgroups
17 Why does the arrow on Hillary signs point to the right?