From: David Juhl <commo_puke@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Is there an Apache configuration guide for gentoo?
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2009 06:28:20
1 I want my http server to listen on port 8181, and I want to configure
2 userdir.
3
4 /etc/conf.d/apache2
5 APACHE2_OPTS="-D USERDIR"
6 added Listen 8181 to /etc/apache2/http.conf
7
8 /etc/apache2/modules.d/00_mod_userdir.conf
9 # Control access to UserDir directories. The following is an example
10 # for a site where these directories are restricted to read-only.
11 <Directory /home/*/public_html>
12 AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit Indexes
13 Options MultiViews Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch IncludesNoExec
14 <Limit GET POST OPTIONS>
15 Order allow,deny
16 Allow from all
17 </Limit>
18 <LimitExcept GET POST OPTIONS>
19 Order deny,allow
20 Deny from all
21 </LimitExcept>
22 </Directory>
23
24 so if it is read only why can't I read?
25 You don't have permission to access /~david16/ on this server
26 Dave