From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo, MySQL, UltraMonkey Clusters
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 17:05:50
1 Nick Khamis wrote:
2 > We are looking to set up a cluster that uses MySQL, UltraMonkey and
3 > yours truly "Gentoo". Where best to check first then the group of the
4 > O.S. of choice. Anyone have any feedback, comments, advice etc... please
5 > send them this way. We are looking to set it up for "free as in beer" so
6 > which MySQL version should I use, UltraMonkey etc... Documentation,
7 > guides, sense of directions will be humbfully received!
8
9 The problem right now is that Mysql 5.1 isn't the normal Gentoo tree,
10 just 5.0. I say start with the database you plan to use for the next
11 five years. Going with 5.0 at this point doesn't make much sense unless
12 you really want to transition with real production data in the next
13 year. I expect one of the overlays has 5.1 and I'd attempt to use that.
14 What sort of application are you setting up? What sort of Mysql setup
15 are you looking for? Not a lot to go on here.
16
17 kashani