From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [HOT] (Half Offtopic) Gentoo on Nexus 7
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2015 14:28:47
1 On Sun, 5 July 2015, at 9:43 am, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > ...
3 > Is it possible to install Gentoo Linux on a Nexus 7 tablet (one
4 > WITHOUT phone functionality (no 3G)) ?
5
6 I would have thought that the Replicant project would give some indication of FOSS support:
7
8 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replicant_(operating_system)#Supported_devices
9
10 Perhaps the Galaxy Tab would be a better choice.
11
12 I bought one of the first Openmoko phones, and found typical X11 apps unusable on such a small screen. IMO the triumph of the current generation of phones (iOS, Android &c) is their embrace of more suitable UI metaphor, widgets and whatnot.
13
14 > And:
15 >
16 > Is there any way to replace an exhausted accumulator of this tablet?
17
18 I have no idea what this means. I fear something may have been lost in translation.
19
20 Stroller.