From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] no mouse nor keyboard on X
Date: Sat, 08 May 2010 12:48:59
1 Hi, guys,
2
3 After quite a long update list of packages (100+) and a reboot, I could not
4 work in any window or desktop manager I have installed.
5
6 I rebooted (the ACPI power switch worked fine) and managed to get
7 interactive action during the init scripts and did not allowed "xdm" to
8 start.
9
10 Then I was able to use normaly the keyboard and mouse ("gpm"). Forced
11 reinstall of xorg-server, xorg-drivers, xorg-cf-files, xdm, kdm (also, in my
12 case, nvidia-drivers) and tryed to use Window Maker - no mouse movements,
13 although the pointer was there, and no visible keyboard effect.
14
15 Any hints on how to get things back?
16
17 Thanks
18 Francisco
21 "If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you
22 and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one
23 idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas." -
24 George Bernard Shaw