From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Usb device not accepting address x, error -71
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 23:06:23
1 On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 22:07:35 +0100, pk wrote:
2
3 > I've just stumbled on a problem with my "gentoo-sources" kernel
4 > (2.6.22-gentoo-r9). My external usb harddrive where I keep my backups
5 > does not seem to get recognised by the kernel anymore.
6
7 How did you configure this kernel? By using an old .config with make
8 oldconfig or doing it from scratch?
9
10 What does the system log show when you connect the drive (tail
11 -f /var/log/messages)?
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 "We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"