From: tastytea <tastytea+gentoo@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg-server
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 18:29:22
1 On 2020-04-14T19:16+0100
2 Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > I was going to update world and I just noticed a few strange details.
5 > For example, xorg-server has a new (?) USE variable "elogind" which
6 > appears to be enabled by default. I suppose I can block it in
7 > package.use, but I'm curious about what it does. In
8 > https://packages.gentoo.org/useflags/elogind
9 > I found
10 > "Use elogind to get control over framebuffer when running as regular
11 > user"
12 >
13 > Could someone explain what this entails? What happened before this USE
14 > variable was created? What will I miss if I disable it?
15
16 ConsoleKit2 is unmaintained, elogind is the replacement. If you don't
17 use systemd, read `eselect news read new` or
18 <https://www.gentoo.org/support/news-items/2020-04-14-elogind-default.html>.
19
20 > Jorge Almeida
23 tastytea