From: Hilco Wijbenga <hilco.wijbenga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Linux Kernel 3.2.0 & USB Mouse
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2012 22:59:01
1 On 8 January 2012 05:15, walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 01/07/2012 06:53 PM, Hilco Wijbenga wrote:
3 >> Hi all,
4 >>
5 >> I'm trying to upgrade the kernel on my desktop from 3.1.6 to
6 >> 3.2.0(-r1). Unfortunately, my Logitech USB trackball does not work in
7 >> 3.2.0. It is listed in the lsusb output so it is being recognized but
8 >> neither GPM nor X responds to it.
9 >>
10 >> I have tried to make sure that the .config files are as identical as
11 >> possible. The differences that I see do not seem relevant to my
12 >> problem. Any ideas?
13 >
14 > IIRC the kernel config choices for HID were reorganized recently.
15 > I remember that my keyboard stopped working and I had to set some
16 > HID selection that I can't recall now, but it's worth a look.
17
18 Yes, I noticed that when I compared the old and new configs. The only
19 entries that seemed relevant were CONFIG_USB_MOUSE and
20 CONFIG_USB_KEYBOARD. The documentation is quite specific, though: "you
21 don't want this". I tried them anyway but no luck.
22
23 If you remember more details, I'd be very interested.