From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mysqld invoked oom-killer
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 03:55:36
1 >> Sounds like a case for a swap partition that can be activated when you
2 >> need it for big emerges. I hit the same thing with firefox-5 oddly
3 >> enough.
4 >
5 > I have one smallish swap partition at PRI=10 and a bigger one at PRI=1.
6 >
7 >> As for OOo, long ago I figured the pain wasn't worth the gain so now I
8 >> use the -bin packages.
9 >
10 > Or switch to Libre Office. Its compiler requirements seem lighter than OO.o.
11
12 I tried libreoffice with the same result. Much more strangely, I
13 enabled a 10GB swap file and got the same error. I thought it was a
14 virtual memory problem at first but now that I look more closely it
15 looks like a java problem:
16
17 Error occurred during initialization of VM
18 Could not reserve enough space for code cache
19 JavaVM: JNI_CreateJavaVM called _exit, caught by abort_handler in javavm.cxx
20 [Java framework] sunjavaplugin.soCan not create JavaVirtualMachine,
21 abort handler was called.
22 [Java framework] The JRE specified by the bootstrap variable
23 UNO_JAVA_JFW_JREHOME or UNO_JAVA_JFW_ENV_JREHOME could not be
24 recognized. Check the values and make sure that you use a plug-in
25 library that can recognize that JRE.
26 register component
27 'file:///var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-3.3.1/work/libreoffice-build-3.3.1.2/build/libreoffice-3.3.1.2/testtools/source/bridgetest/../../unxlngx6.pro/class/testComponent.jar'
28 in registry '../../unxlngx6.pro/lib/uno_services.rdb' failed!
29 error (CannotRegisterImplementationException): Could not create Java
30 implementation loader
31 dmake: Error code 1, while making '../../unxlngx6.pro/lib/uno_services.rdb'
32
33 Is this because I've eselect'ed icedtea6-bin instead of sun-jdk-1.6?
34
35 BTW, can anyone tell me why I'm using icedtea6-bin instead of icedtea?
36
37 - Grant