From: Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Enabling debugging symbols only for specific packages
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 20:10:33
1 On 1/10/2011 1:11 PM, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > Is there a way to enable debugging symbols only for some packages? I
3 > need to do that for about 15 packages. Currently, all I can do is edit
4 > make.conf all the time when emerging one of those and add "-g" to CFLAGS
5 > and "splitdebug" to FEATURES. But I *always* forget about it the first
6 > time, ending up building twice.
7
8 I think you can drop a file in /etc/portage/env for these packages to
9 change the variables, something like:
10
11 /etc/portage/env/sys-apps/portage/bashrc:
12 FEATURES="${FEATURES} splitdebug"
13 CFLAGS="${CFLAGS} -g"