From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] new 2004.3 system - to devfs or not to devfs, that is the question
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 08:55:22
1 On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 14:36:30 +1300, Nick Rout wrote:
2
3 > When I booted after setting everything up it "just went", with no
4 > devfs in the kernel. I assume I would have received the same result if
5 > I had compiled in devfs and either NOT compiled in the option to start
6 > devfs on boot OR booted with the kernel parameter gentoo=nodevfs
7
8 That should be AND, not OR. If the kernel is compiled to automatically
9 start devfs, it is started before gentoo=nodevfs is acted upon. You
10 should not use the auto option in the kernel if you want to run udev
11 at any time. Control is by kernel parameters only.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 WinErr 103: Error buffer overflow - Too many errors encountered.
18 Additional errors may not be displayed or recorded.