From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] No reply from dovecot
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2018 09:46:02
1 Hello list,
2
3 I'm trying to get my local IMAP server going again after a gap of several
4 months. It's fed by fetchmail and postfix, both of which seem to be working
5 fine: I get new mail in /var/mail/prh, but dovecot doesn't serve it. I'm not
6 using SSL, just plain IMAP.
7
8 I can see IMAP traffic in both directions on the network, but nothing comes
9 back when I try to fetch mail. So I switched on all debugging in 10-
10 logging.conf and restarted dovecot, but it's not logging anything - not even
11 the fact that it's started.
12
13 If not even logging works, I'm at a loss what to do next. Anyone any ideas?
16 Regards,
17 Peter.