From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Encrypted email
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2012 12:29:03
1 On Thursday 05 Apr 2012 21:28:04 Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 2:07 PM, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > > Hello,
4 > >
5 > > I use enigmail with thunderbird for linux to
6 > > linux email encryption. Is there any free
7 > > or easy to install email encryption package
8 > > I should recommend to a Windows, (XP-system7)
9 > > to exchange email with a gentoo system?
12 > > I do not use encryption often and it is always with other
13 > > folks that use linux system. So I'm clueless as to what
14 > > I should recommend to a windows user...
15 > >
16 > > Any advice is most welcome...
17 >
18 > http://www.gpg4win.org/
19
20 This has a plugin for Outlook in case your recipients use MS Outlook as their
21 mail client.
22
23 Also, you can use Add ons on Firefox for those recipients that use Gmail's
24 webmail. There are Add ons that can use s/mime with SSL certificates in
25 Firefox's SSL Certificates store, or gpg.
26 --
27 Regards,
28 Mick