From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 'Insufficient space to store' on a network share
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 09:27:32
1 On Thu, 8 May 2008 12:28:57 +0400, Vladimir Rusinov wrote:
2
3 > I have the file server which exports /usr/portage/ via smbfs. It is
4 > mounted in following way.
5 > /dev/xxx to /usr/portage (~512M)
6 > /dev/yyy to /usr/portage/distfiles (~10G, 7G currently free)
7 >
8 > I'm mounting smb://fs/portage/ to /usr/portage (rw) on my clients, and
9 > when I'm trying to fetch huge package portage tells me "Insufficient
10 > space to store" (and yes, df -h shows that there are about 200 Mb
11 > free, but I'm sure that distfiles/ have enough space).
12 > How can I omit this error and force portage not to check my diskspace.
13
14 Either /dev/yyy has less free space than you think or portage is trying
15 to save to /usr/portage. Instead of trying to kludge
16 /usr/portage/distfiles to somewhere else, set $DISTDIR in make.conf.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 WinErr 002: No Error - Yet