From: "Maximilian Bräutigam" <max-braeu@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to make a backup of my gentoo installation
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 06:32:07
1 Hi Damian,
2
3 by the way rsnapshot is a more sophisticated tool to back up your root
4 file system. it is based on rsync, but the bright idea behind is that it
5 creates a history (hourly, daily, weekly, monthly) with copying the hole
6 system only one time.
7
8 Maybe this is what you preferably want.
9 Kind regards,
10 der Max
11
12 damian schrieb:
13 > ... using rsync.
14 >
15 > Hello,
16 >
17 > Finally I got a (less than perfect but) functional gentoo installation
18 > and I would like to backup my root directory to an external
19 > hard-drive. But I have a doubt regarding the options to be passed to
20 > rsync. I think this command should perform what I want:
21 > rsync -a --delete --relative --exclude '/home' / /mnt/wd-backups/
22 >
23 > But I would like to ask you if this is correct.
24 >
25 > Best regards,
26 > Damian.
30 Maximilian Bräutigam