From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT - Installing VMWare eval - Where are the rc0 directories?
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 10:01:06
1 On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 21:03:53 -0600, Michael Sullivan wrote:
2
3 > I'm trying to install the evaluation copy of vmware workstation 6 and
4 > the installer is asking me:
5
6 Why aren't you using portage for this?
7
8 > What is the directory that contains the init directories (rc0.d/ to
9 > rc6.d/)?
10 >
11 > What's the answer to this? AFAIK, these directories do not exist on
12 > Gentoo. What should I do? Do I need to create symlinks to somewhere
13 > in /etc? Please advise...
14
15 The default works AFAIR, but portage would take care of it for you anyway.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 Genius is 99% inspiration and 2% arithmetic