From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] IDE recommendations for writing C?
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2011 23:12:23
1 Mark Knecht writes:
2
3 > Can someone recommend a good IDE to write C code in?
4 >
5 > 1) Something that can display multiple files in a project.
6 >
7 > 2) Something that have some sort of version control built into it?
8 >
9 > 3) If possible, I can compile right in the IDE.
10
11 Emacs. If you dare to go this way. The learning curve is high, but once
12 you know how to use it, you probably will be glad.
13 Eclipse is pretty cool, and I've heard good things about Kdevelop.
14
15 > I've starting writing something. It's hundreds of lines long in 1 file
16 > and I just messed up a brace somewhere which I haven't been able to
17 > figure out in vi.
18
19 Just use the % key.
20