From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Printing issue
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 05:28:23
1 100326 CJoeB wrote:
2 > I have an HP C4795 All-in-One Printer/Scanner/Copier.
3 > I updated my system and the kernel since I last used it.
4 > I send jobs to the printer and they appear in the queue,
5 > but they just hang and won't print.
6
7 I had the same experience & it turned out to be the new flag 'hpcups',
8 which doesn't work with my antique printer.
9 I recompiled Hplip with 'hpijs' & all was well.
10
11 Of course, this may not be your problem, but it's something to try.
15 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
16 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
17 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca