From: "Anthony E. Caudel" <tony.caudel@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: OT: Mplayer question
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 03:05:01
1 forgottenwizard wrote:
2 > On 19:34 Thu 27 Sep , Grant Edwards wrote:
3 >
4 >> On 2007-09-27, Anthony E. Caudel <tony.caudel@×××××××××.net> wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> Thinking about ordering a DVD from Amazon.uk (not available here in the
7 >>> US). It is a region 2 DVD and is in PAL format unlike the NTSC here in
8 >>> the states.
9 >>>
10 >>> Will the DVD play in Mplayer?
11 >>>
12 >> Dunno, but I expect so.
13 >>
14 >> I've played other-regioned PAL dvds in xine, so I see no reason
15 >> why mplayer won't work as well.
16 >>
17 >> --
18 >> Grant Edwards grante Yow! Now, let's SEND OUT
19 >> at for QUICHE!!
20 >> visi.com
21 >>
22 >> --
23 >> gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
28 > I would check mplayer's website for this kind of info. It should, but
29 > that would give you a better idea.
32 Checked the website and it seems to be totally DVD player dependent,
33 something mplayer can't control. It did point to a program to change
34 the region code however.
35
36 Bummer, I had hoped mplayer had found a way around that problem.
37
38 Tony
41 Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
42 -- Benjamin Franklin
45 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list