From: bridavis@×××××××.net
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Simplified apache2
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 02:57:06
1 Thanks James!
2
3 -------------- Original message --------------
4 From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
5
6 > Brian Davis comcast.net> writes:
9 > > Can one covert a non-hardended machine to use the hardended-profile, or
10 > > do you have to start from scratch?
13 > Hello Brian,
14 >
15 > The short answer is YES. The correct answer is you have to
16 > read quite a lot (I'm in the middle of that) and decide
17 > which 'path/technology' you want to follow. Here's docs
18 > you should start looking at:
19 >
20 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/hardened/primer.xml
21 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/hardened/
22 >
23 > I choose 'SElinux' as the path to follow for me
24 > that makes most sense. Since the NSA was the prime
25 > motivator, it's an easy path to convince my clients
26 > to follow. Although SElinux is not a complete
27 > solution, other complementary software combined with
28 > SElinux does provide for a complete (security) solution,
29 > almost.....
32 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/hardened/selinux/
33 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/hardened/selinux/selinux-handbook.xml
34 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/hardened/selinux/selinux-handbook.xml?part=2