From: Nilesh Govindrajan <me@××××××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Locale generation and keymaps for cross compiliation?
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 18:14:13
1 On Thursday 13 December 2012 11:28:35 PM IST, Nilesh Govindrajan wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I have a Raspberry Pi. I have gone through the cross development guides
5 > on gentoo.org and my barebones distro (consisting of chrony, sshd, bash)
6 > is ready (all I did is armv6j-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi-emerge
7 > --root=/mnt/sdcard baselayout bash openssh chrony) which is of course
8 > after setting up the toolchain using crossdev.
9 >
10 > Now the problem is, since I'm on amd64 box (and don't have an ARM
11 > emulator), how do I generate the locale [without using an ARM emulator]?
12 > Also, how to go about keymaps? /usr/share/keymaps seems to be missing in
13 > the tree and equery returned no packages owning those files.
16 Oh dammit. The $ROOT shell variable was polluting my equery output.
17 Installed kbd and solved the keymaps issue. Now how to generate the
18 locale?
21 Nilesh Govindarajan
22 http://nileshgr.com