From: "Richard P. Groenewegen" <rpg@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] safe devfs -> udev migration
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 17:15:40
1 All,
2
3 During the gentoo installation I had very nasty error messages after
4 the first reboot. The partition table of my harddisk was unreadable
5 and the file system could not be mounted.
6
7 Installation of devfs solved it, but, as I can tell from the mailing
8 list devfs is obsolete.
9
10 ** What is a safe way to migrate to udev? **
11
12 I'd prefer to do only steps that are reversible, as the installation
13 is now finished and it took a while. For your information, I have
14 /dev support in my 2.6 kernel. Is it essential to remove /dev
15 support?
16
17 best regards,
18 Richard