From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problems after reemerging xorg-x11
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 14:59:42
1 On 9/17/06, Bo Ørsted Andresen <bo.andresen@××××.dk> wrote:
2 > On Saturday 16 September 2006 18:52, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
3 > > That's good to head. I can't get the ATI module compiled in. I thought I
4 > > was doing the right thing following the howto when I put this in
5 > > /etc/make.conf, but it gets ignored:
6 > > VIDEO_CARDS="vga vesa fbdev ati"
7 > > I get the first three, but not ati.
8 > >
9 > > Can you advise?
10 >
11 > s/ati/radeon/
12 >
13 > VIDEO_CARDS="vga vesa fbdev radeon"
14 >
15 > If you want the binary driver also you should add fglrx to VIDEO_CARDS too..
16 >
17 > --
18 > Bo Andresen
19
20 I was under the impression my video card was too old for the binary driver.
21 It's built into the motherboard but reports as
22 ATI Technologies Inc Rage XL rev 39
23 does anybody know if the binary would help?
24
25 ++ kevin
28 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list