From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: MTS player
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 18:40:40
1 Michael Mol <mikemol <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > > My new Sony camcorder produces MTS and CPI video output files.
5
6 > mplayer2 is a fork of mplayer. I use mplayer2 (instead of mplayer)
7 > because it has better stream seeking behavior for my use cases. I
8 > don't remember what all the differences are, though.
9
10 OK I'll check out mplayer2.
11
12 On another note, I have always transferred files form the sony
13 camcorders to my linux systems, via cp or scp, without issues.
14
15 Now, the new sony (HDR-PJ760V) is giving me troubles.
16
17 I plugged the usb on the sony camcorder into my gentoo system.
18 The usb was auto discovered. I am able to use Dragon player
19 to watch the individual files, such as 00001.MTS via Dragon
20 player and the camcorder being mounted (96 G of flash).
21
22 Ok so I was then initially able to use cp to copy the files
23 off onto the gentoo hard drive. After I did a few this way,
24 the mount point now drops almost immediately. I can re-discover
25 the sony camcorder and automount via the file-manager. I can see
26 the files and play them one at a time via Dragon Player. But, when
27 I go to copy them with:
28
29 cp *.MTS /usr/local/video/jeff/basketball/TR
30 or
31 cp 00000.MTS /usr/local/video/jeff/basketball/TR
32
33 I get Erno 5 as the mount is lost evey time now.
34
35 The mount drops. I never had this problem before, but it
36 is a different camera. What really has me stumped is it
37 worked for a while for a few files, now it drops the mount
38 every time.
39
40 I even power cycled the camcorder, to no avail.
41
42 Any ideas?
43
44 Sony evil?