From: Floyd Anderson <f.a@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] XFCE "Set Title" hotkey
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 21:16:37
1 On Do, 15 Jun 13:54:15 +0800
2 Bill Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au> wrote:
3 >Hi,
4 >
5 > I am using the XFCE4 Terminal in drop down mode on an XFCE4
6 >desktop. Something has caused the "Set Title" hotkey to be set with the
7 >letter "o" trapping that key whenever it is pressed. Very frustrating
8 >as "o" is a common letter :)
9 >
10 >I've checked everywhere I can think of so I am now looking for
11 >ideas/suggestions where this might be set/overridden? Other systems I
12 >have are fine so it probably something I accidentally altered.
13
14 Look for the file ‘accels.scm’ in your home directory. Mine is:
15
16 ${XDG_CONFIG_HOME}/xfce4/terminal/accels.scm
17
18 and within that configuration change the line:
19
20 (gtk_accel_path "<Actions>/terminal-window/set-title" "<Super>s")
21
22 to what ever you need.
23
24 Note, to completely remove/deactivate the shortcut, commenting the line
25 doesn’t work because it falls back to the default ‘<Primary><Shift>s’.
26 You have to set:
27
28 (gtk_accel_path "<Actions>/terminal-window/set-title" "")
29
30 means no shortcut at all. After editing that file and a re-login you
31 should be done.
32
33 BTW and in the case you remove the ‘Set Title’ shortcut, setting the
34 title can be achieved in various ways:
35
36 `xfce4-terminal --drop-down -T 'my new title'`
37
38 or in a running terminal by using escape control sequences [1]:
39
40 `echo -ne '\033]2;my new title\007'`
41
42 or
43
44 `printf '\e]0;%s\007' 'my new title'`
47 [1] man page: console_codes(4)
51 Regards,
52 floyd