From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: dev-libs/ppl-0.12 breaks gcc?
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 18:59:29
1 On 04/16/2012 10:14 AM, Doug Hunley wrote:
2 > I'm currently running ~amd64 and when I ran a world update,
3 > dev-libs/ppl-0.12 was pulled down, compiled and installed. At that
4 > point, gcc stops compiling. It doesn't matter what I try to compile,
5 > whether it's the dev-libs/cloog-ppl rebuild that dev-libs/ppl-0.12.
6 > says to do, a recompile of gcc, or anything else. They all die with
7 > with 'internal compiler error'. I end up having to 'emerge -k gcc' and
8 > then masking dev-libs/ppl-0.12 to get back to a working compiler
9 > chain.
10
11 I can't explain why the "internal compiler error" but I'd guess it's
12 probably something in your CFLAGS, as the other replies suggested.
13
14 But be aware that once you finally get ppl upgraded you'll need to
15 rebuild cloog-ppl *without* the -floop-* flags because gcc will not
16 build anything *with* those flags because the old cloog-ppl will
17 now be broken. Until you rebuild it, of course.