From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone can afford information about build kernel?
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2011 06:22:28
1 Am Sonntag 09 Oktober 2011, 08:55:55 schrieb Lavender:
2 > It seems that no matter I build gentoo manually or with genkernel I can't
3 > have a fine-working kernel finally. Obviously I must solve it by myself ,
4 > so I determined to build entire kernel all manually , it requests a lot of
5 > linux knowlege . All for that, I hope someone could tell me where to get
6 > this information , I haven't found them on gentoo.org , so please lead me
7 > to the correct direction, thank you for you all !
8
9 http://www.kroah.com/lkn/
10
11 there.
12
13 You can download it there. It helps you with building.
14
15 btw:
16 make -jX && make modules_install install
17
18 With make all modules_install install
19 or
20 make && make modules_install
21
22 you only have one make instance. Which is very slow.
25 #163933