From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dd if=/dev/dvd of=backup.iso - DMA related problem
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 03:52:33
1 On 3/23/06, Joseph <syscon@×××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > After following several leads from Gentoo folks (including replacing DVD
3 > cable) I've narrow it down to problem with "dma" resetting itself on
4 > "eject".
5
6 Hmm, what type of controller is this attached to?
7
8 On my new laptop, I have a PATA DVD burner, but it is ultimately
9 attached to a SATA chipset. I could not get DMA to work correctly
10 using the IDE drivers. The solution was to disable all IDE support,
11 add SCSI CD-ROM support, and let the SATA driver control the drive as
12 /dev/sr0.
13
14 -Richard
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list