From: Robin Atwood <robin.atwood@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Systemd and lvm
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2013 16:13:44
1 Having observed all the ranting, I thought I would try systemd on a laptop. It
2 actually seems to work quite well and it is a lot faster. However I am having
3 trouble getting my LVM partitions mounted. I installed the LVM service unit
4 from the Gentoo Wiki but it never completes, timing-out on a job that mounts
5 /var. The VG is actually created by an initramfs and when systemd dumps you
6 out to the emergency shell you can use lvs to see the volumes, /dev/mapper has
7 all the correct devices and "dmsetup ls" shows the LVs. In fact, everything
8 appears as it should, the partitions just don't get mounted. I circumvented
9 this by putting "mount -a" in the lvm.service unit, which then completes and
10 the mount jobs time-out. Everything seems to be OK but it is a bit of a
11 kludge. One thing I notice is:
12
13 # udevadm info -p /dev/mapper/vg00-rootfs -q all
14 syspath not found
15
16 Udev seems not to know about the LVs. Any ideas?
17
18 TIA
19 -Robin
20 --
22 Robin Atwood.
23
24 "Ship me somewheres east of Suez, where the best is like the worst,
25 Where there ain't no Ten Commandments an' a man can raise a thirst"
26 from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling